There are unique ID requirements defined by the US Postal Service for completing the Form PS1583.
*Note: Two forms of ID are required to complete this form, per the DMM 608 guidelines. All signers must have valid IDs from the lists below in order to complete this document.
Two forms of unexpired ID are required:
- At least one ID must match the address you will be using in boxes 7a to 7d.
- At least one ID must contain a photograph of the addressee (this is you if you are the signer of the form).
Acceptable Primary forms of ID (when current and unexpired):
To be accepted as a primary form of identification, the identification must include a clear photograph of the individual bearer. Postal customers may provide the following as acceptable primary forms of photo identification:
U.S. Government I.D.: U.S. Government I.D. may be federal-, state-, or tribal-issued. Customers may provide the following:
- State-issued driver’s license.
- Non-driver’s identification card.
- U.S. Armed Forces card.
- Uniformed Service ID card.
- U.S. permanent resident or other identification card issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
- U.S. certificate of citizenship or naturalization.
- Identification card issued by a federally or state-recognized tribal nation (tribal identification card).
- Passport: This includes a U.S. passport, U.S. passport card, or foreign passport.
Acceptable Secondary Forms of ID (must be current, unexpired, and contain the address written in Box 7 on your Form 1583):
- A lease, mortgage, or deed of trust.
- Voter or vehicle registration card.
- Home or vehicle insurance policy.
- Utility bill.
- Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record.
- Matricula Consular (Mexico): A Matricula Consular card is an identification card issued by the Government of Mexico through its consulate offices to Mexican nationals residing outside Mexico.
- NEXUS (Canada): NEXUS is a joint Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection operated trusted traveler and expedited border control program. Customers may provide a NEXUS card as a form of identification for money orders. To be accepted, the NEXUS card must contain an identification number.
- U.S. University Identification: For some retail products and services specified in Exhibit 10.3 customers may provide a public or private U.S. university identification card as an acceptable form of photo identification.
- An additional Primary ID may be used as your Secondary ID if it was originally issued with the address in Box 7 printed on it.
The following IDs are NOT accepted for notarizing this document:
- Social Security Cards
- Credit Cards
- Birth Certificates
Please note that these requirements are specifically outlined under sections 10.3 and 10.4 of the USPS DMM 608, and under boxes 8a and 8b on the USPS Form 1583 itself as seen below:
In order for Notarize to complete your document, all of the above requirements must be satisfied.