How to Place an Order
- Sign into your account at title.notarize.com or lender.notarize.com *
*If you haven’t created an account yet, please sign up for the appropriate Real Estate solution here.
- Make sure you have all of your Operating States, Title Underwriters, and eRecording Software set up on your Account Settings to ensure that your real estate closing package is set up with the appropriate eligibility in mind.
- Update your payment details in your Account Settings to reflect your preferred form of payment before you create your order - or you and your teammates will be prompted upon sending your orders.
- Click on the "Place an Order" button in the upper right-hand side of your dashboard under the “My Closings” tab.
- Enter the property address and title underwriter related to the order. This will update the order types that are available for that property with that underwriter.
- To place an order for a Purchase Seller or Cash Buyer closing, you will be able to send a hybrid order (closing package will be eSigned without a digital notary meeting) or an online closing (documents will be eSigned during a video notary meeting, requiring notary seals). The other option will be to send a Standard Online Notarization order (documents will be eSigned during a video notary meeting, requiring notary seals) for one-off documents like POAs or correction documents.
- Once you select your preferred type of transaction, you will be prompted to fill in the following information:
a. Title Underwriter
b. File Number
c. If you want to add any Closing Team members (we'll automatically send them email notifications once the document package has been sent to your signers and completed)
d. Signer details
e. If a secondary ID is required.
f. Closing documents - uploaded in an eligible format (.pdf is preferred, will accept .docx, odt, and html).
g. The closing date (or a closing window that the documents can be signed during).
h. Any special instructions for the signer.
i. Any special instructions for the notary.
- Place your order!
What happens next?
Once you complete the above steps, you should see a confirmation message on your screen. From there, Notarize will prep your documents (split them into individual files, apply tags for signature, initial, date, and notary seal placements) and send them to your signers so they can complete them via our platform (here's what that process looks like). You will receive an email when your order has been fulfilled and the document package has been sent to your signers.
Who can I contact about my order after it's been placed?
For any questions about using the Notarize platform and features, you can reach the Notarize Support team via chat and email (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you'd like to make an adjustment to your order after it's been placed, you can send an email to email@example.com and it will be routed to the appropriate member of the Notarize Closing Concierge team.