There are unique ID requirements defined by the US Postal Service for completing the Form PS1583. Two forms of ID are required to complete this form, per the DMM 608 guidelines. All signers must have valid IDs from the lists below in order to complete this document.
Acceptable Secondary forms of ID (must be unexpired and contain your name and the address written in Box 7 on your Form 1583):
- A lease, mortgage, or deed of trust.
- Voter or vehicle registration card.
- Home or vehicle insurance policy.
- Utility bill.
*(electric, gas, water, telephone, cell phone, or cable bill)
- Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record.
- Matricula Consular (Mexico): A Matricula Consular card is an identification card issued by the Government of Mexico through its consulate offices to Mexican nationals residing outside Mexico.
- NEXUS (Canada): NEXUS is a joint Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection operated trusted traveler and expedited border control program. Customers may provide a NEXUS card as a form of identification for money orders. To be accepted, the NEXUS card must contain an identification number.
- U.S. University Identification: For some retail products and services specified in Exhibit 10.3 customers may provide a public or private U.S. university identification card as an acceptable form of photo identification.
- An additional Primary ID may be used as your Secondary ID if it was originally issued with the address in Box 7 printed on it.