Placing an order sends the documents and other transaction details over to our Closing Operations Team. The team applies signature flags, segments the file into more loadable pieces, and sends it to your client. Here's what happens next:
- After the transaction is sent, the borrower will receive an email from Notarize with a link to sign their documents. The email also includes the closing date, a brief overview of how it works, and your contact information for any questions in relation to the contents of their documents.
- They will be prompted to create a password to create their Notarize account, ensuring they’re able to easily access their completed documents after signing.
- The borrower will have a chance to review all of the documents in the package, while applying signatures to documents that do not require notarization. Once they reach the end of the package, they will see the option to continue.
- They will then be prompted to set up their Audio & Video connections by allowing Notarize permission to access, as well as selecting their preferred devices. Their internet connection will also be checked automatically on this page for video quality purposes.
- The next step includes verifying their identity with a Knowledge Based Authentication quiz and a valid, unexpired government issued photo ID.
- The borrower will then see a modal to Connect With A Notary. Clicking this button will move them into the Mortgage Queue, where a notary will pick up their call!
- You will receive an email notification when the meeting is started. You will also have the option to join the meeting through video.