- Log into your Notarize for Business Account at notarize.com
2. Click the green New Transaction button
3. Name your transaction with something descriptive and recognizable
4. [Optional] Click + Add a Transaction Type if, for example, a notarization is required to create an account with your company, you might use “Account Opening” as a type.
5. You may elect to upload a document or pull from one of the templates associated with your company’s account.
- If you elect to upload a document, click in the box which reads “Select a File.” You may then select a file to send to your customers for notarization. Accepted file types include PDF, DocX, HTML, and JPG. Maximum file size is 10 MB.
- If you elect to choose a template, you will click in the box that reads “Choose a Template”, from which you will view the drop down menu of templates available to you.
6. Click the Annotation Tools toggle to turn on (green) or off (grey).
Annotation tools allow your customers to fill out or modify the document before connecting to a notary agent. By disabling this feature, customers will only be allowed to annotate during a meeting with the notary.
7. Fill in your customer's information:
- First name
- Last Name
- Email Address
8. [Optional] For internal tracking purposes, you may wish to add a customer ID or similar identifier to the External ID field.
9. Some documents or transactions may require the use of a secondary form of ID. Adjust the Secondary ID Required toggle to require a secondary form of ID (green) or only one form of ID (grey) according to your needs.
10. [Recommended] You may choose to add a Note to the Customer which will appear in the body of the email sent with the transaction access link. Additionally, you may add an Email Signature.
11. Select Continue to prepare your document.
12. Click anywhere on the document preview to use our digital annotation tools. Add “Sign Here” or “Initial Here” flags, checkmarks, text, Today’s Date, or the Signer’s Name. Once you are satisfied, click the green Continue button.
13. Review your transaction details and double-check for any errors. Once a document is sent, it cannot be changed.
- If you need to make edits, please click the back arrow to return to the previous steps in the process.
- If all the details are correct, click Send. This will generate and send an email to the customer.
Read more about how to monitor your customer's progress as they interact with your transaction here.