Using templates to send transactions is a great way to save time and increase efficiency. Once those templates are set up, you can also enable the system to match existing templates to documents uploaded by signers or team members.
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
Need to Know
Template matching can be used to match existing templates to documents uploaded via the website, API, and EasyLinks, and it works best when each document is in a separate PDF file. For example, if you need to create a template for a W-9 form and a power of attorney document, make sure those are uploaded and prepared as templates in separate files. If you have multiple documents set up in one template, the system will only attempt to match the first document in the template list to an incoming document.
If you'd like to use a template in another account or organization, such as a parent or child organization, you can Import and Export Document Templates.
Steps to Enable Template Matching
- Log in to your Notarize account.
- Click ⚙️ Settings from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Select Transaction Settings from the Settings menu.
- Click to open the Template settings tab (third tab on the Transaction settings page).
- Check the box next to Automatic Matching.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.