A guide for Title Agents to send a document with a notarization request for non-real estate transactions. These are often trailing documents related to a real estate closing but can be nearly any document that needs to be notarized.
ℹ️ To send a document to be wet-signed or notarized with an in-person notary, read Guide to Hybrid Closings.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents
- Log in to your Notarize account and click in the upper right corner.
- Select Notarization request from the dropdown menu.
- Paste or type the File Number and/or Loan Number, if applicable, on the Transaction Details page.
- Type the Property Address in the provided fields.
- Provide the contact information for any Points of Contact (read Closing Team Contacts & Collaborators for more information) you'd like to add to the transaction.
- Provide the signer's contact information in the fields for the Signer Details section.
- If the transaction has more than one signer, select Yes under Does this transaction require additional signers? and repeat step 6 until all signers are added.
- Will the signer(s) need a secondary ID?
- Select one of the options for the Signing Schedule depending on which type is desired:
- : Provide the date range during which the signer can meet with a notary, including the time zone.
- : Provide the specific date and time at which the signer is expected to meet with the notary.
- Choose if one of your notaries (internal notary) or an on-demand notary (Notarize) will complete the transaction.
- Click and upload your documents.
- Click to place signer tags. (Read Self-Tagging Real Estate Documents for more information about tagging.)
- Select your desired responses for:
- Would you like to include a personal message to the signer?
- Do you need to include any special instructions for the Notarize team?
- Click when you're ready to email the document to your signer.
- If you're not ready to send the transaction yet, click to save it in your drafts.
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Notarize team with any questions about Notarize Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL.© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.
This document contains confidential information and may not be reproduced or shared without the consent of Notarize, Inc.