This article provides a general overview of placing orders from Encompass to Notarize. All orders will be placed from the Notarize eClosing form in Encompass. This process will differ slightly based on order type (see below).
- How to Complete a Hybrid Closing from Encompass
- How to Complete a Hybrid with eNote Closing from Encompass
- How to Complete an Online Closing from Encompass
- Completed all steps listed in Connecting Encompass to Notarize.
- Confirm ‘Keep a copy of the document in its original format’ is checked globally and on individual document placeholders (if you add documents as separate attachments to the eFolder) in Encompass Settings. See How to Order Documents from Encompass for more information.
At a Glance
- Prepare a loan in Encompass.
- Order documents and add them to the eFolder in Encompass.
Place an order from Notarize eClosing Form in Encompass.
- Send the transaction on Notarize.
In Encompass, open up the loan inside the pipeline. Fill out information just as you would for any loan. Note: Notarize pulls file contacts from Encompass, and email addresses are required for each file contact on the loan. See Mapping File Contacts from Encompass to Notarize.
Assign a closer to the loan via the Milestone in Encompass.
If you forget to add a closer, you will receive a “loan invalid error: closer contact missing” when trying to place an order to Notarize. See Common Encompass Error Messages.
Video of How to Add Closer
- If you forget to add a closer, you will receive a “loan invalid error: closer contact missing” when trying to place an order to Notarize. See Common Encompass Error Messages.
Order documents and select ‘Add to eFolder’.
Based on your closers workflow, select to add documents as a merged package or as separate attachments. Documents must finish processing in the eFolder before placing an order to Notarize, otherwise documents will not pull to Notarize. Confirm this before moving on to Step 4.
- Based on your closers workflow, select to add documents as a merged package or as separate attachments. Documents must finish processing in the eFolder before placing an order to Notarize, otherwise documents will not pull to Notarize. Confirm this before moving on to Step 4.
Open the Notarize eClosing form and select Hybrid, Hybrid with eNote, or Online Closing (note that workflow will differ slightly depending on order type). Click Place Order.
Video of How to Open Eclosing Form
The order status on the Notarize eClosing form should be yellow and say ‘importing documents’. If you see ‘waiting_for_documents’ status, we don't have the documents to pull. Confirm that documents are fully processed in the eFolder. See How to Order Documents from Encompass for more information. At this point, the documents are being imported into Notarize, split, and tagged with the Notarize signature designations. Feel free to move on to the next order while waiting for these documents to process on the Notarize platform.
The Closer will receive an email notifying him that documents are ready to send once they finish processing on the Notarize platform. When done processing, the transaction status on the Notarize eClosing form in Encompass will display a green ‘ready_to_send’ status (refresh the form to see this).
📝Note: if you have Auto-Send enabled on your account, the transaction will automatically send, and you will not receive an email unless the documents need attention before sending to the signer due to a processing or tagging failure.
- Login to Notarize to view the transaction. The closer on the file will have access to change any information on the transaction and switch the toggles for e-sign vs. wet-sign documents. You can open documents to check signature placements as well.
Please submit any errors/feedback regarding your documents to your Notarize Onboarding team for them to fix.
Video of How to Toggle Between Wet and E-Sign
That's it! Congratulations, you placed an order from Encompass to Notarize! Now that you know how to place orders see Encompass to Notarize: Testing Tips for how to test placing orders from Encompass to Notarize before going live.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us or send us an email at email@example.com!
© 2022. Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.