Notary records include details of the transaction. It can be used if a notarized document is lost or altered or if facts concerning the notarization are challenged in court.
Always follow your state's guidelines.
🎯Primary Audience: Notaries
1. Go to the Business Portal
- Select Notary Journal
The notary journal has a ledger of all notarial acts performed during transactions, beginning with the most recent.
📝 Note: Each entry row represents a seal placed per signer; if a transaction required multiple seals or had multiple signers, there may be multiple entries representing that single transaction.
2. Export the entire Notary Journal one of two ways
- Select All Journal Entries from the Export dropdown: Go to Step 4
- Select a specified range of entries or a single entry by selecting the row(s): Continue to the next step
3. Choose the Date Range and/or Name of Principal
You can use the Date Range and/or Name of Principal filters to find a specific entry.
4. Select Journal Entries
- Select the checkbox next to the entry or entries requested for export
- Select EXPORT and choose Selected Journal Entries
5. Complete the Journal Copy Request
Fill out the required information:
- Name of Requesting Party
- Address (if provided)
- Date of Request
- Confirmation that the requestor is entitled to the excerpt
- Description of the requested journal excerpt(s):
- Electronic Notary Journal request for [Description of Document] Notarized on [Date of Notarization] for [Signer's Name]
📝 Note: The information provided above becomes a new entry in your journal for the copy certification of the journal copy.
6. Complete the Copy Certification
Fill out the Copy Certification document with the necessary information, your signature, and seal to certify this is a true, official copy of your notarial record.
7. Export the PDF
Select EXPORT to save as a PDF of the journal excerpt(s) and copy the certificate:
- If you encounter a pop-up blocker, press to the right of the URL to manage the pop-up.
8. Select the Notarize logo to exit
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us or send us an email at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL.© 2022. Notarize, Inc.
This document contains confidential information and may not be reproduced or shared without consent of Notarize, Inc.