Learn how your ID is verified. See a list of acceptable forms of ID.
Once you’ve completed the tech-check, you will be prompted to go through the ID verification process.
- Enter personal details and select “continue”.
2. You will be prompted to answer a set of 5 security questions that only you should know! Click on “Get Started” and answer the 5 questions in under 2 minutes.
3. After you’ve successfully answered the security questions, you will be prompted to snap a photo of your ID. Select the type of ID you will be using, and follow the on-screen prompts to snap the photo.
(Allow your web browser to access your camera by selecting “Allow” from Chrome or “Share Selected Device” in Firefox.)
4. Once you feel as though your images are clear enough for the notary to read the information on your ID, select "Confirm and Continue".
5. After your ID photos are confirmed, it's time to connect with a notary by selecting "Let's Get Started"!
* At the moment, we require you to enter the last four digits of a U.S. Social Security number to use in assembling the security questions to verify your identity. We are actively working to build a solution to support foreign citizens who need to Notarize their signatures on documents relating to court proceedings, property or transactions which are either in the U.S. or substantially connected to the U.S. (U.S.-based notaries cannot notarize signatures on documents which have no substantial connection or relationship to U.S. property, court proceedings or transactions).
**If you are currently traveling or residing outside of the United States, please enter your current U.S. address or most recent address at which you resided for an extended period of time.