Step by step instructions for using Notarize.
All signers they will need the following to complete a notarization:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A U.S. Social Security Number
- Government Issued photo ID (see this list)
- Current or previous U.S. address
- A device with audio/video capabilities
- A strong internet connection
- A document intended for use in the U.S.
- At least 6 months of credit history for the system to generate identification questions
Meet the above requirements?
Let's get started!
- Ensure you have a computer with a webcam or an iOS or Android device. (Our platform currently supports Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari).
- Download the Notarize app for Apple here, the Notarize app for Android here, or visit our website
- Sign Up For a Notarize account here
- Upload your document(s) by selecting Upload Document > Notarize a Document
- Annotate or complete your document
- Enter your personal information (name, date of birth, last 4 digits of US SSN, current or previous US address).
- Answer the 5 security questions within 2 minutes to verify your identity
- Take pictures of the front and back of your photo ID when prompted
- If required for your document, take pictures of a secondary form of ID
- Agree to the Notarize fee and connect via video call with notary
- Follow instructions of the notary during the notarization session
- The notary will end the call
- Pay for the notarization when prompted
- You may log into your account here to access your documents. You may also follow the link in the confirmation email you will receive after the notarization to access your document.
- You may download, print, or email your document
- The recipient of the document may verify the transaction here.
To ensure the Notarize platform will operate as expected, the signer will need to connect from:
- One of the supported browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari (on web) or the Notarize app on their mobile device
- Have a device with audio and video capabilities.
*This can be a computer (Windows or Mac operating system) with a webcam, an Apple mobile device (such as iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch), or an Android mobile device (tablet or smartphone
- Have valid email address
- Have a strong internet connection