A summary of the process for signers on the Notarize platform, from start to finish!
🎯Primary Audience: Customers (Signers)
Definition: A signer of a document to be notarized or eSigned on the Notarize platform. A customer of Notarize or a customer of a Company using Notarize.
Need to Know
Signers must be at least 18 years old and have the following:
- U.S. Social Security Number
- Government-issued photo ID (see this list of )
- Current or previous U.S. address
- A device with audio/video capabilities
- A strong internet connection
- A document intended for use in the U.S.
Let's get started!
- Ensure you have a computer with a webcam or an iOS or Android device:
- Our platform currently supports Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and Safar
- Download the Notarize app for Apple here, the Notarize app for Android here, or visit our website
- Sign up for a Notarize account here
- Upload your document(s) Upload Document > Notarize a Document
- Annotate or complete your document
- Enter your personal information (name, date of birth, last 4 digits of US SSN, current or previous US address)
- Answer 5 security questions within 2 minutes to verify your identity
- Take pictures of the front and back of your photo ID when prompted
- If required for your document, take pictures of a secondary form of ID
- Agree to the Notarize fee and connect via video call with a notary
- Follow the notary's instructions during the notarization session
- The notary will end the call
- Pay for the notarization when prompted
- You may log in to your account here to access your documents:
- You may also follow the link in the confirmation email you receive after the notarization to access your document
- You may download, print, or email your document
- The recipient of the document may verify the transaction here
Tips to ensure the Notarize platform operates as expected
- Check to make sure you meet the minimum system requirements to complete a transaction on the Notarize platform.
- Connect from one of the supported browsers Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Safari (on the web), or the Notarize app on your mobile device
- Have a device with audio and video capabilities:
- A computer (Windows or Mac operating system) with a webcam
- An Apple mobile device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch)
- Android mobile device (tablet or smartphone)
- Have a valid email address
- Have a strong internet connection
CONFIDENTIAL.© 2021. Notarize, Inc.