Learn how you can guide your client through the on-demand experience with Notarize.
Placing an order sends the documents and other transaction details over to our Closing Operations Team. The team applies signature flags, segments the file into more loadable pieces, and sends it to your client. Here's what happens next:
- After the transaction is sent, the borrower will receive an email from Notarize with a link to sign their documents. The email also includes the closing date, a brief overview of how it works, and your contact information for any questions in relation to the contents of their documents.
2. They will be prompted to create a password to create their Notarize account, ensuring they’re able to easily access their completed documents after signing.
3. The borrower will have a chance to review all of the documents in the package, while applying signatures to documents that do not require notarization. Any documents that do require notarization will not be able to be signed, and will have a red note to sign in Notary meeting. Once they reach the end of the package, they will see the option to continue.
4. They will then be prompted to set up their Audio & Video connections by allowing Notarize permission to access, as well as selecting their preferred devices. Their internet connection will also be checked automatically on this page for video quality purposes.
5. The next step includes verifying their identity with a Knowledge Based Authentication quiz.
6. After passing the quiz, they will be asked to take a photo of the front and back of their valid, unexpired, government issued photo ID.
7. The borrower will then see a modal to get started and connect with one of the notaries in the Notarize Network.
8. They'll enter a queue where they will wait for one of the notaries in the Notarize Network to pick up their call!
9. When the notary picks up their call, they'll see the notary, themselves, as well as the document on screen. The notary will instruct them where to sign, and notarize the documents accordingly!
10. The notary will end the meeting when all documents have been signed and notarized.
- You, as a point of contact on the transaction will receive an email notification when the meeting is started, and when it's been completed. You can then access the signed and notarized documents from your Notarize dashboard.