Learn how to check in on your customer's progress towards notarizing their documents with the Transaction History tab.
We understand how valuable it can be to remove the mystery from the notarization process. With the convenience of Notarize for Business, you no longer have to wonder if your customer has left their house, is en route to the notary, has just inked the document, etc. Find out what stage your customer is in simply by logging into your Notarize account!
Notarize is designed to be on-demand for you and your client's convenience. Once your transaction is created and sent, it is up to your client to follow through with the next steps in order to connect with one of the notaries in the Notarize Network.
Viewing Transaction History
You can access your customer's transaction activity at any time by logging into your Notarize for Business account and clicking on the status.
How to Use the History Tab
The transaction history tab lists your customer's most recent activity at the top of the page and moves chronologically back to the oldest activity at the bottom of the page. Below is a list of quick definitions for each status:
- Order Placed (Title Agents only): Your closing package has been sent to our Closing Concierge to prepare.
- Sent: The transaction has been sent. Your client will receive an email from email@example.com with a link to start their transaction.
- Received: Your client is in receipt of the transaction email. No action has been taken.
- Viewed: Your client clicked on the link in the transaction email and has viewed their transaction on the Notarize platform. No further action to proceed has been taken.
- In Progress: Your client is currently making their way through the Notarize platform. They are on their way to be connected with a notary (if they are not already)!
- Attempted: Your client has attempted to connect with one of the notaries in the Notarize Network, but they have been unsuccessful in completing the transaction. *The reason for cancellation can be found under the history tab on the transaction details page.
- Completed: The transaction is complete! You will be able to view and download the completed documents as long as there has been a successful payment.
Learn more about using transaction history to make decisions about re-engaging your customers for quicker transaction turnaround.
Still, have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!