This article provides the steps for an organization/business to add new and existing team members as notaries and create a Notary profile with Notarize.
🚨 To follow the procedures below, you'll need to be the Admin for your organization.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Add New Team Members as Notaries
- Sign in to your Notarize Account.
- Select the Team tab in the top right corner of your dashboard.
- From the new page that opens up, select the blue Invite New button to the left of your screen.
- The Invite a New Member pop-up will appear on the screen. Type the new user's first and last name and email address.
- Select what type of role the user should have in your organization's account.
- Select YES from the drop-down menu when asked if this user will notarize documents.
- Provide the notary's state of commission and the language they speak (English, Spanish, or both).
- Select Send Invite.
- The new user selects the link in the Welcome Email from Notarize to activate their account and is redirected to notary.notarize.com/activate to set up their Notary Profile.
Add Existing Team Members as Notaries
Existing users do not receive an email from Notarize inviting them to join the team. They see a link from their Notarize title dashboard sending them to complete their new notary profile.
Admin changes the existing user role from within the dashboard.
- From the Resources tab select Team.
- Select Edit Role & Permissions.
The existing user logs into notary.notarize.com to set up their notary profile.
Set Up a Notary Profile
After the user receives the Welcome Email from Notarize, they are directed to Set up a notary profile.
- Create an account password.
- Select Set Password.
- Select the Let's Get Started button.
- Provide the following:
- Personal Info
- Commission Details
- Insurance Details
- Digital Certificate
- signature and seal
- State-Required Education
- RON authorization
- If you're missing any required documents, you can come back to your profile at another time, but you cannot create your notary profile until you update your notary profile with all required documents.
- Once all required documents are uploaded, select Next.
Congratulations! Your notary profile is created! The Notarize team will review your profile to ensure you submitted all the correct documents and meet all the requirements. This process will take approximately 2 business days.
After 2 business days:
- If you meet all the requirements, you'll receive an email from Notarize stating that you have been accepted and are now live on the Notarize platform with Notary Functionality.
- If you do not meet all the requirements (you are missing required documentation, details entered incorrectly, etc.), you'll receive an email from Notarize stating the items you are missing and what to do next.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.