Add a Closing Team or Contacts when creating a transaction on the Notarize platform to keep your team updated! This allows signers to reach out to their Real Estate associates before or during the notary meeting without leaving the meeting or navigating away from their documents.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents
Nice to Know
Notarize Closing Operations
A Title Agent who places an order to the Notarize Closing Operations team adds their contacts to the transaction.
The Notarize Closing Operations Team does not change, edit, or delete any contacts unless the Title Agent instructs us to do so.
If you don't want to share your closing team contacts with your borrowers/sellers (signers), simply leave the Visible to Signer box unchecked. Your team will receive transaction status notifications, but your team's information remains hidden from the signer.
Signers only see contacts for transactions with the Visible to Signer box checked.
Add Contacts to a New Transaction
- Log in to your Notarize account.
- Click My closings from the navigation panel on the left:
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Click on your transaction to open it:
- Refer to View Your Team's Transactions to learn about searching and filtering transactions.
- After providing the property address, you'll see a section for adding your contacts. The name of this section depends on the type of transaction, but the functionality is the same:
- eClosings: Closing Team
- Notarizations: Point of Contact
- Select the Yes radio dial and choose the Contact Role from the dropdown:
- Select Other and type the role into the Title field if the role is not listed in the dropdown.
- Add the First name, Last name, Email address, and Phone number of the contact.
- Leave the Visible to signer box checked to allow your signer(s) to view or uncheck the box to hide your contacts.
- Click +Add point of contact if you have any other contacts to add.
- Continue to prepare your transaction or click .
Contact Notifications & Participation
All contacts listed on a transaction receive status updates by email at the following points in the process:
The transaction is sent to the signer
All contacts are notified by email once the transaction is sent to the signers.
The meeting is started
When the signer starts the notary meeting, all contacts are notified by email, and certain contacts can join. The only contacts with the option are:
- Title Agents
- Real Estate Agents
- Mortgage Brokers
Contacts can join meetings with a desktop computer or mobile device via a web browser or by using our mobile app.
The meeting is complete
All contacts are notified by email when the signer completes the notary meeting. The signer also receives an email with the closing details.
Signers receive an email when a transaction is sent. Contacts are visible to the signer in this email if they were added as Visible to Signer.
When the signer logs in to begin signing, they see Contacts for this transaction before accessing their documents. Only contacts marked Visible to Signer are shown.
When the signers start the meeting and begin the Sign Ahead process, they see:
- Contacts marked Visible to Signer are listed on the left side.
- The email address and/or phone number for each contact is displayed if provided.
Signers can reach out to their contacts if they have any questions.
Once your customer connects with a notary, their side of the call has the contact information at the bottom left under the videos.
They can quickly call any contact added during the transaction setup process by clicking the phone icon on the Connect tab for that person if the phone number provided was marked visible to the signer.
The signer decides who they need to contact and clicks the phone icon next to that individual.
The signer then begins the connection process. The phone icon starts spinning, which indicates they are calling the intended person.
When the individual connects to the session, the phone icon turns red.
We're here to help! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Notarize team with any questions about Notarize Real Estate solutions.
To contact Support, click the Chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.