Notarize uses secure third-party data sources to confirm your identity. Sometimes this service is unable to validate identities based on the information provided.
Here are some tips for troubleshooting:
- If you do not have a valid US Social Security Number (SSN), you may receive this error message. We are only able to serve individuals with a valid US SSN at this time.
- Please check your name, date of birth, address and Social Security Number for errors.
- Please ensure you are using your full legal name.
- If you have moved recently please try using a former US address.
- If your name has recently changed, please try your former name.
- Please ensure that you have at least 6 months of credit history.
If you have been locked out for 24 hours as a result of two unsuccessful attempts at the identity verification questions, we recommend you try the above steps once the 24 hour has passed.
Occasionally, someone who has a Social Security Number still cannot have their identity confirmed by the system. This is typically caused by a lack of public record (ex. credit history, property records, vehicle registrations, etc.) used to generate the minimum number of required verification questions.