Steps to recall and edit a real estate transaction after sending it to signers.
Do you ever need to update a transaction after sending it to the signer? Recalling an order pulls the transaction back into a draft, which allows you to make edits, including the loan/file number, signer email address, and activation/expiration dates. You can also add or remove documents.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
You can recall transactions when the transaction status is any of these:
- Order Placed
- Sent to signer
You cannot recall transactions once the transaction has been Completed or Attempted by the signer. This is because it would alter the audit trail of the attempted or completed transaction.
- Log in to your Notarize account.
- Click My closings from the navigation panel on the left.
- If you don't see the panel, click the caret to expand it.
- Search by signer name, loan #, or transaction ID
- Click on the transaction to open the Transaction Details screen
- If the transaction cannot be recalled, the button won't appear
- Add a note to summarize why the transaction is being recalled in the box that appears
- Click Recall
After the Recall
After recalling the transaction, your signer(s) will receive an email notifying them that Notarize is updating their documents.
When you've completed any necessary adjustments to the transaction, click Send Transaction or Place Orderto resend the transaction.
Title Agents Using Notarize Closing Operations
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.