This article defines steps for setting up the Notarize Encompass Integration for Lenders. Here is a list of best practices to make this experience as seamless and efficient as possible.
- We recommend working with an Encompass Administrator for configuring the integration inside Encompass. This person should work closely with your Notarize Solutions Engineer when onboarding to Notarize.
We recommend having a UAT Encompass instance for testing before connecting your Encompass Production instance to Notarize. Note: To test eNotes, using an Encompass UAT environment is strongly recommended:
Don’t have a UAT Encompass Instance? No problem! Just speak with your Notarize Solutions Engineer to discuss what workflow options will work best for you to test before sending live loans.
- Don’t have a UAT Encompass Instance? No problem! Just speak with your Notarize Solutions Engineer to discuss what workflow options will work best for you to test before sending live loans.
- When onboarding, we recommend allocating resources to test the integration to go live based on your desired timeline. Typically, breaking up by state is the most efficient way to test. See Encompass to Notarize: Testing Tips for speeding up your testing process with Notarize.
- If you are eager to go live, we recommend starting with your top states and getting those live before moving on to other less common states you are working in. This will allow you to send live transactions and move on to testing new states when ready.
Your Notarize Solutions Engineer will work with your team to get your Encompass instance(s) configured to Notarize Testing (Fairfax) and Production accounts. Your team will need to work with Notarize to complete the following onboarding steps.
Configuration in Encompass
- Your Encompass administrator will need to provide your Notarize Solutions Engineer with the Regression UID and Client IDs for your Encompass UAT and Production instance. Your Notarize team will then request your API keys for your Encompass instances from ICE Mortgage Technology (which usually takes about 3-5 business days).
- Once ICE Mortgage Technology has provisioned your API Keys, your Notarize Solutions Engineer will reach out to your Encompass admin to set up your API user. See How to Set Up API Users in Encompass. Please notify your Notarize Solutions Engineer when the API user is set up.
- If the connection between Notarize and Encompass is successful, your Notarize Solutions Engineer will provide your Encompass Administrator your CDO and Notarize eClosing form to install. When logging into Encompass, please confirm that you have access to the Notarize eClosing form.
Configuration in Notarize
- Notarize will create a Fairfax (testing) and Production account and add any team members requested. Anyone testing the integration and closers who will be utilizing Notarize should be added to the Notarize accounts. The Notarize team will also set your billing method and states of operation. See more information below about account setup:
- Notify Notarize how you would like documents pushed back to Encompass. See Document Pushback Options.
- For Hybrid transactions, if Title Agents would like to be able to view transactions on the Notarize portal, the title agent must be onboarded as a member of the Title agency on Notarize. Otherwise, Title Agents will only have access to only view and print documents.
Congratulations! You are ready to start testing the Notarize Encompass Integration! See Place an Order from Encompass to Notarize to get started onboarding.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
© 2022. Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.