Online notarization represents the future of the notary industry. It offers unparalleled convenience, fraud prevention, and extra security for both consumers and businesses, and it improves on every aspect of the notarial process. To learn more about how online notarization works and why it’s more secure and accessible than traditional notarization, watch this short video here.
How it Works
Notarize is an electronic notary public platform and software service offered to clients via any web-enabled desktop or laptop with a webcam or via any supported Android, iPhone, or iPad. Notarize’s service enables a face-to-face meeting with a notary, just like meeting with a traditional notary public in-person, but the meeting takes place entirely online.
The whole process is completed in minutes. In accordance with governing law, all video calls are recorded so that any legally authorized party may view and verify your electronic notarization.
Use the Notarize Platform
- Register on the Notarize app (Android or Apple) or website.
- Upload your document(s).
- Verify your identity using knowledge-based authentication, which offers you a series of specific questions that only you can answer.
- Once your ID has been verified, your identity is further validated using a government-issued photo ID.
- Connect with a commissioned notary public via live audio-video call.
- The notary public re-confirms your identity visually using the scanned photo ID, and then witnesses as you electronically sign the document.
- The notary signs and places their notarial seal on your document, similar to a traditional notary operates. For greater security, the notary completes the electronic notarization process using digital tools.
- Pay any applicable fees after your meeting, then check your email for detailed instructions to access your notarized document online. You can print it or send it electronically to whomever you would like.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat with us or send us an email at email@example.com!
© 2022. Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.