This article outlines the process of placing hybrid + eNote closings (eNote is e-signed on Notarize) from Encompass to Notarize. All orders will be placed from the Notarize eClosing form in Encompass.
- We support only eNotes generated with eOriginal in the Encompass integration.
- We do not support DocMagic notes generated from Encompass. The following steps relate to eOriginal notes.
- We do not support Ginnie Mae notes created via the Encompass integration.
*Please let your Notarize Solutions Engineer if you are interested in either of the above.*
- Has successfully tested Hybrid closings with the Notarize Onboarding team.
- eVault has been configured with Notarize and thoroughly tested.
At a Glance
- Prepare a loan in Encompass.
- Order documents and add them to the eFolder in Encompass.
- Place an order from Notarize eClosing Form in Encompass.
- Check the transaction in Notarize and Send to Signer(s).
Hybrids with eNote closings from Encompass follow the same procedure as Place an Order from Encompass to Notarize, except for a few extra steps:
Confirm that the following fields are completed in Encompass before placing the order to Notarize. These fields are required for generating the eNote in eOriginal:
- Loan Amortization Type
- Base Loan Amount
- Maturity Date
- Lender Case Identifier
- Lien Priority Type
- Interviewer Name
- Loan Originator Organization (Field ID 315 Section 9 of URLA)
- Loan Originator NMLSR ID # (Field 3237 Section 9 of URLA)
- MERS Number
- Street Address (CD5.X56)
- City (CD5.X57)
- State (CD5.X58)
- Postal Code (CD5.X59)
- Closing Documents:
- Draw City
- Draw State
- Investor Remittance Day (Field ULDD.X45)
- Regulation Z:
- Late Charge Days
- Late Charge Percent
- Maximum Late Charge (leave blank unless you have a specific value to enter)
- Loan Product Data:
- Rate Adjustment Percent
- Scheduled First Payment Date
- Lien Priority Type
- Closing Cost:
- Closing Disclosure 5
- Settlement Agent Address
- Settlement Agent City
- Settlement Agent State
- Settlement Agent Zip
- Lender Name
- Lender Contact
- Lender Contact NMLS ID
- ICE Mortgage Technology Document: The Note to Pay values are set inside the Closing Document Data modal on form 'RegZ-CD.' For now, the override toggles must be turned on (i.e., green) for the information to be consumed.
- Nt Pay To Street Address (Closing.NtPayToStreetAddr1)
- Nt Pay To City (Closing.NtPayToCity)
- Nt Pay To State Code (Closing.NtPayToState)
- Nt Pay To Zip (Closing.NtPayToZip)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Name
- Phone Number
- After ordering documents and adding to the eFolder, open the Notarize eClosing form and select Hybrid with eNote Closing. If you miss any of the field values above, you will see a red error message listing which fields are missing. Fill in the required fields and select Update Order on the Notarize eClosing form to create the eNote on the draft transaction created from the original 'Place Order' call.
- After selecting Place Order, the closer will receive an email notifying him that documents are ready to send once they finish processing on the Notarize platform. When done processing, the transaction status on the Notarize eClosing form in Encompass will display a green ‘ready_to_send’ status (refresh the form to see this).
Note: If you have Auto-Send enabled on your account, the transaction will automatically send to the signer(s), and you will not receive an email (unless the documents need attention before sending to the signer due to a processing or tagging failure). You will not need to complete steps 5-7 below.
- Login to Notarize to view the transaction. The closer on the file will have access to change any information on the transaction and switch the toggles for e-sign vs. wet-sign documents. You can open documents to check signature placements as well. Please submit any errors/feedback regarding your documents to your Onboarding team for them to fix. Notice that the paper note you ordered in Encompass will be suppressed from the transaction if an eNote is present.
- The eNote will be created in eOriginal and generated on the transaction in Notarize. The eNote seed file will be labeled [LOAN NUMBER]_eNote.xml. It will also be labeled this way in eOriginal. Social Security numbers will automatically be applied to signers.
The eNote seed file will be created in eOriginal and automatically generated in the documents list and labeled as [Loan_Number]_eNote.xml on the transaction in Notarize. Signer designations will also automatically be applied.
- If all details on the transaction and documents look correct in Notarize, click ‘Send to Signer’. The transaction will then be sent to the signer(s). Signers will have to pass KBA (knowledge-based authentication) to sign the transaction due to the eNote. See The Hybrid with eNote Signer Experience.
- After signing is complete, the e-signed documents will be pushed back to Encompass based on your Integration Settings in Notarize. See Document Pushback Options for more information.
For Title Agents
- See Title Wet-Sign Upload for Hybrid Transactions if you would like to give Title agents the ability to upload a merged file of the completed wet-sign documents and automatically push it to Encompass. Please let your Notarize Solutions Engineer know if you would like this enabled on your Lender account.
- See Complete a Hybrid Closing for Title Agents
For Your Signers
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, or email us at email@example.com.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.