Orders placed in Encompass translate to transactions created in Notarize. When you place an order from Encompass, Notarize pulls in contact information, such as Signers, Title agents, and Escrow officers, from the File contacts in Encompass (located under Tools > File Contacts). The information located here will pull to the draft transaction created in Notarize.
To adjust how the File Contacts in Encompass map to Notarize, follow the instructions below.
- Select your name in the upper right corner of your account.
- Select Integration.
- Select Contacts on the Encompass page.
- Use the toggles in the columns on the right to adjust the settings as desired.
You also have options to set contacts to be Visible to Signer, have Access to Documents, and Skip if Incomplete by default.
- Visible to Signer: The contact will be visible to the signer on the transaction.
- Access to Documents: The contact will have access to the documents. This is important for Title/Settlement agents (whoever will be completing the closing). The contact will need access to documents to print e-sign/wet-sign documents.
- Skip if Incomplete: Relates to the integration. If a contact's information is not filled out, we will skip it and not add the contact to the transaction.
These settings will translate how the contact is listed on the transaction in Notarize.
Unsupported Closing Entities Encompass Error
Note: Notarize requires an email address to consume contacts on the loan, so any contacts added via the Vesting Form in Encompass will need to have an email address added under Tools > File Contacts in Encompass. If an email address is missing, you will receive an "unsupported closing entities" error on the loan.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, or email us at email@example.com.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.