If you're new to Notarize, here are instructions for creating a test transaction so you can experience the full Notarize process, including creating a transaction and sending a transaction to your signer.
If you want to find your completed documents, check out Accessing Completed Business Documents.
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
Click a link below to jump to that section:
Step 1: Log in
- Log in to your Notarize Business account.
- Click the Send+Manage tab on your navigation bar at the top of your dashboard.
- Click the blue Send new transaction dropdown.
- Then select Notarization Request to build your transaction.
Step 2: Provide Transaction Details
- Transaction Name: Name the transaction.
- Signer details: Use your own name and email address for this test transaction.
- Additional signers: Select the appropriate radio button (Yes or No) depending on your document requirement. Additional signers can be either co-located (one notary session) or sequential (requiring separate notary sessions per signer to complete the transaction).
- Two forms of identification: Select the appropriate radio button (Yes or No) depending on your document requirement.
Step 3: Upload your document
- Under the Document Upload section, drag and drop your document into the box or click Upload a Document to open the document selector.
- Select any document of your choice for this test transaction.
- Click the blue Add Documents button again to add additional documents.
- Once the documents are uploaded, click the icons to the right to toggle the requirements on or off for your document. Hover over the icons to see a description of what each icon represents.
Step 4: Prepare your document
- Click the Fill Out Document button in the upper left to prepare your document for the signer.
- In the toolbar on the right, find and click the Sign Here flag.
- Go back to the document and click the spot where you want to drop the flag.
- Repeat with Fill In Here or additional flags as necessary.
- Once finished, click Save & Close.
For more information about adding flags, check out Tag Documents.
Step 5: Email your document
- Scroll down to the Custom Email section to add an optional personalized message for your signer.
- Once you've personalized the email, click Preview Email to review and ensure the appropriate fields are populating (your name, business name, logo, and your message).
- Scroll down to Notary Notes to provide any information you'd like to convey to the notary who answers the call (optional) or leave the radio button for No selected, if not.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Send Transaction to email your signer(s).
Congratulations! You have sent your first transaction and are now ready to start sending documents to your customers!
Feel free to reach out to our Support team if you need help!
Chat: Click the icon in the corner of your screen:
- Monday – Friday: 8 am – 10 pm ET
- Saturday – Sunday: 8 am – 7 pm ET
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: Available depending on your subscription
For more details on notary availability, review Hours of Operation.
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.