Notarize supports Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) via SMS authentication for business transactions. Setting up MFA in your account adds another security layer that re-confirms your signer's identity. This change will take effect for signers on all future active transactions.
The benefits of Transaction MFA are:
- More robust security for online transactions
- Reduced fraud
- Enhanced protection for your customers
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
Update your Settings | Set Up SMS MFA | Signer Experience | FAQ
Update your Settings
- While signed in to your account, select your name in the upper right corner:
- 📝 Note: You must be your organization's admin to update settings
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Transaction Settings in the menu on the left.
- Select the radio button for SMS authentication.
- Select the Save Changes button.
Set Up SMS Multi-Factor Authentication in the Transaction
When you send transactions, you'll be able to change your Multi-Factor Authentication setting for each individual transaction.
- Type the signer's mobile phone number.
- All transactions require the signer's phone number to send the SMS code.
- Uncheck Require SMS Authentication to bypass this authentication for this specific transaction.
Your signers will be able to conveniently complete their transactions from a computer or a mobile device. Depending on what you select, they will follow either of the following steps:
- Select the transaction link sent to your email.
- Create a password and log in to your account.
- Select Get it Notarized to start the transaction.
- Select Send verification text to send yourself an SMS code to the number provided on the transaction:
- You will be prompted before signing the documents and viewing the details of a completed transaction.
- Type the 6-digit verification code that is sent via SMS text to the mobile phone number.
What if a signer is not receiving an SMS code even though their number is correct and is blocked from accessing a transaction?
What if the signer’s phone number is incorrect?
As an account admin, you can edit a signer's phone number from the Transaction Details screen.
Once the phone number is updated, the next time the signer attempts SMS authentication, Notarize will use the new number. You can always contact Notarize Support for additional help.
To learn about MFA at the login level rather than the transaction level, see Team Security: Require Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Login for Your Business
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.