Learn how to provide a more secure login process for your team and your users by setting up Login Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for your organization.
To learn about MFA at the transaction level rather than the login level, see Transaction Security: Enabling MFA for Real Estate Transactions (Pro & Premium tier organizations)
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
What is Multi-Factor Authentication?
Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is an electronic authentication method in which a device user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two (2) or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism: Knowledge (something the user knows), Possession (something the user has), and Inherence (something the user is ~ biometric data such as fingerprints or facial recognition).
When Login MFA is enabled for an organization on the Notarize platform:
- The organization's Admin is prompted to select the method of MFA Authentication. The chosen method becomes the default method for all organization members.
Organization settings override a user’s personal settings. Once an organization has established Login MFA, org members see a message that their Account Manager has set up MFA.
Set Up Login MFA
- Select your name in the upper right corner.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Team Security from the left navigation panel.
- Select the radio button next to Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Choose any or ll methods of authentication for your organization.
MFA User Experience
After inputting a valid email and password combination during login, the end-user is prompted to enter a 6-digit code that’s generated via SMS text message, email, or the Google Authenticator* mobile application.
This option will prompt the user to input their phone number so that a 6-digit code can be delivered to their phone via an SMS text message.
When initially configuring email authentication, the user is prompted to verify their email address. After the provided email is verified, the user receives a 6-digit code via email each time the user attempts to log in.
Click here to download the Google Authenticator app for iPhone or Android. The linked page also contains information for different use cases, such as configuring their Google Authenticator app on multiple devices.
- Select the radio button next to Google Authenticator.
- Select Setup to generate a QR code.
- Open the Google Authenticator application on your mobile device.
- Tap the + icon and scan the QR code from the Notarize platform.
- Type the 6-digit code in Notarize from the Google Authenticator app.
Once the QR code is detected on the computer screen by your camera, a 6-digit code appears in the app. It regenerates every 30 seconds.
*As of August 2021, the Google Authenticator app is the only supported 3rd-party app for MFA at Notarize.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.