Learn how to provide a more secure login process for your team by setting up Login Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) for your organization.
To learn about MFA at the transaction level rather than the login level, see Enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Business Transactions
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
What is MFA?
Multi-factor authentication is an electronic authentication method in which a device user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting 2 or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism: Knowledge (something the user knows), Possession (something the user has), and Inherence (something the user is ~ biometric data such as fingerprints or facial recognition).
When Login MFA is enabled for an organization on the Notarize platform
- The organization's admin will be prompted to select the method of MFA authentication. This will become the default method for all organization members.
Organization settings will override a user’s personal settings. Once an organization has MFA set up, the org members will see a message saying their account manager has set up their MFA settings.
📝 Note: Login MFA is available for Pro & Premium tier organizations.
Set Up Login MFA
- Click the dropdown next to your name in the upper right corner
- Click Team Security from the left-hand navigation panel
- Click the radio button next to Multi-Factor Authentication
- Choose any or all methods of authentication for your organization
MFA User Experience
After inputting a valid email and password combination during login, the end-user is prompted to enter a 6-digit code that’s generated via SMS text message, email, or the Google Authenticator mobile application.
This option will prompt the user to input their phone number so that a 6-digit code can be delivered to their phone via an SMS text message.
When initially configuring email authentication, the user is prompted to verify their email address. After the provided email is verified, the user receives a 6-digit code via email each time the user attempts to log in.
Click here to download the app for iPhone or Android. The linked page also contains information for different use cases, such as configuring the Authenticator app on multiple devices. Once the user selects Google Authenticator as the preferred means of MFA with Notarize, a setup prompt appears on the screen:
- Click Setup to generate a QR code.
- Open the Google Authenticator application on mobile, and click the + icon to scan a new QR code.
- Once the QR code is detected on the computer screen by your camera, a 6-digit code appears in the app. It regenerates every 30 seconds.
- MFA will be successfully configured once you input the 6-digit code.
📝 Note: The Google Authenticator app is the only supported 3rd party app for MFA at Notarize.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.