Learn about tagging your documents before meetings to create a smooth experience for your Notaries & customers.
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
Tag and Edit Your Document
To tag and edit your documents, go to the Document Upload section on the transaction creation page.
Select your requirements:
- Notarization required
- Verification of Fact
- Signer Can Fill in Document
- Additional Witness Required
Click Fill Out Document to add your tags.
- Signer & Notary tags are on the right side of the page.
- The Shortcuts button produces a list of shortcut keys you can use to place tags on the document instead of using your mouse.
- If you upload multiple documents, use the arrows at the top of your screen to prep each one.
Place Tags on a Document
- Select the desired tag from the right sidebar.
- Drag the tag to the document.
Update a Tag
- Resize: Select the tag, then drag it using the blue handle.
- Move: Select and drag the tag.
- Delete: Select the tag and click Delete.
- Mark as optional: Select the tag and click Set as optional on the tag, or turn OFF the Field is required toggle in the menu on the right.
Select Save & Close to save your changes.
Tools, Signer & Notary Tags
Use these tags to edit your document.
- Text: A tag to add additional text to the document.
- Checkmark: A tag to add a checkmark to the document.
- Whiteout: A tag to "whiteout" or hide any copy from the document. You can type over the whiteout area.
You place signer tags for the signer. If you are creating a transaction for more than one signer, choose which signer you place tags for on the right-hand side of the 'Document Tagging' screen.
- Sign Here: A signature tag to indicate where you would like the signer to sign the document
- Initial Here: An initials tag to place on the document for where you would like the signer to initial
- Date Signed: A tag for the signer to select to generate the date they signed the document
- Signer Name: A tag for the signer to click and add their printed name
- Select: An empty checkbox for the signer to select multiple answers to a multiple-choice question
- Radio Group: An empty radio field for the signer to select a single answer to a multiple-choice question
- Fill in Here: A blank text box that prompts the signer to add information
- Signature & Date: A tag that drops both the signature & date on the document for the signer
Select Save & Close
Adding Notary tags does not apply any notarial information before the meeting with the signer. It enables your Notary to complete their notarial duties during the meeting efficiently. Notary fields cannot be marked as optional.
Seal Here: A notary tag for where you want the Notary Seal placed on the document.
- This tag is optional; the notary will place their seal where it fits best on the document if you do not set this field in advance.
- Sign Here: A signature tag for the Notary Signature
- State: A tag for the Notarial Commissioned State
- County: A tag for the county you have designated as the notary's location
- Name: A tag for the notary's printed name
- Commission Expiry: A tag for the notary's commission expiration date
- ID Number: A tag for the Notary Commission/ID Number
- Date Signed: A tag to place the date the notary signed/completed the notarization
- Fill In Here: A tag for an empty text box to type information if needed
- Select: A flag for an empty checkbox to mark information as appropriate in the meeting
Bulk: Drops in several tags for the Notarial Certificate at once:
- Seal, County, State, Signature, and Commission Expiration Date
- Disclosure:A tag for the annotation with your state-specific language for the audio/video disclosure. This disclosure is required on every document requiring notarization.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022. Notarize, Inc.
This document contains confidential information and may not be reproduced or shared without consent of Notarize, Inc.