You’ll need to meet with a commissioned notary via a live video session to notarize your document(s). Use the Notarize meeting interface to select which device to use for the camera, microphone, and speaker inputs for your video session.
If you're in a meeting or attempting to connect to a notary and your camera isn't working, check out the tips in this article for troubleshooting your camera or click a link below to jump to that section.
- Webcam Isn't on the Device List
- Video Is Blank or Black
- Red X Is Over the Camera Icon
- More Troubleshooting Resources
🎯Primary Audience: Signers
The first step for any meeting issues is to ensure that your:
- Device software is updated (check and update your Android Version or iOS Version).
- Notarize App is up-to-date (check and update your Android App or iOS App).
- Internet or data connection is stable.
- Device meets the minimum system requirements to complete a transaction.
- Camera is selected.
Make sure your camera isn't being used by another program or website on your device and close unused tabs and applications. If your audio/visual streams are being used by another app, you won't be able to use the camera to see the notary during a live video session on the Notarize platform.
Webcam Isn't on the Device List
If you have an external webcam that was not attached or not powered on prior to reaching the tech-check screen, you may need to refresh your browser to refresh the list of currently accessible devices.
If the device is not seen by the operating system, it will not appear in this list. Visit your PC’s control panel or settings page to see the complete list of video recording devices; device troubleshooting will be unique to your PC. Once you are able to see your device in the system’s hardware list, return to the Notarize application and continue with the Tech Check.
Video Is Blank or Black
If the video displayed in the Tech Check is black and doesn't display anything, try the following steps:
- Ensure the shutter or privacy cover is fully open and nothing else is blocking the camera lens.
- Ensure that your browser’s privacy settings are not blocking access to the camera or the app.notarize.com website.
Red X Is Over the Camera Icon
If your URL address bar is showing a camera icon with an X through it, your browser is currently blocking your camera for use with the Notarize platform.
To fix this, click the camera icon to review your permissions for the Notarize platform and select the option to allow Notarize to use your camera.
More Troubleshooting Resources
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at email@example.com!
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.