Instructions for Title Agents to convert a Hybrid closing to Wet Sign.
After a Lender initiates a Hybrid closing, a Title Agent may decide to change the transaction to a traditional closing, where the eSign portion is completed in person, along with the documents requiring notarization.
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents
Need to Know
You can only downgrade a Hybrid closing to Wet Sign after the eSign session has expired and signers can no longer access the documents. If the eSign portion is still active when you open the transaction, you'll be able to see how many documents remain to be signed.
You can print the unsigned documents if the eSign session is not yet expired. If you choose to do this, check back after the transaction expires in case they were eSigned before the window closed.
Why would a Title Agent convert a Hybrid closing to Wet Sign?
A Title Agent can convert a Hybrid closing to a Wet Sign for any reason. Some examples:
- The signer is not comfortable completing any portion of the closing online.
- The signer does not have a computer or smartphone to complete the online portion.
- The signer did not complete all "Sign Ahead" documents before the meeting, so the Title Agent did not have enough time to prepare the documents.
This feature must be enabled by Notarize. Please contact Customer Support at email@example.com to request this feature for your account. If you were assigned a Customer Success Manager (CSM), work with your CSM.
If you'd like to proceed and this feature is enabled, here's how to convert your Hybrid closing to Wet Sign:
- After the eSign session has expired, open the transaction.
- Use the down arrow in the right corner of the "Review Documents Status" box to expand the section.
- Select the link in the yellow banner at the top of the box that says convert all expired eSign docs to Wet Sign.
- Click in the pop-up window that appears:
- All expired eSign documents will be marked as Wet Sign.
- Any completed eSign documents will remain as eSign, and completed fields on these documents will be preserved.
- Complete the wet sign documents with your signers.
After the in-person closing
- Return to the transaction page. Step 3 should be open, but if it isn't:
- Use the down arrow in the right corner of Step 3 to open that section.
- Select the PDF file and upload it to return the file to your lender:
- All completed and scanned documents should be one PDF file.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.