SoftPro customers can integrate SoftPro software with Notarize to help digitize the home buying process, decrease closing times, and improve operational efficiencies. Follow the steps below to complete the integration.
- Create an API key
- Connect SoftPro to Notarize
- Document Tagging Options
- Test your SoftPro-Notarize Integration
- SoftPro-Notarize User Guide
🎯Primary Audience: Real Estate Senders
Create an API key in Notarize
- Log in to Notarize and navigate to Resources > API Keys.
- Click Generate a Full Access Key and copy it to your clipboard by selecting the Copy to Clipboard icon.
Connect SoftPro to Notarize
- Open the Notarize integration window in SoftPro by navigating to 360 > Services.
- Double click on Notarize - Online Closings.
- Click Next.
- Click Login.
- Paste in your API key and select OK.
- Check the Use Closing Ops option if your contract with Notarize includes Notarize Closing Ops.
Document Tagging Options
You can tag your documents in several ways:
- If you utilize Notarize Closing Ops, we will tag documents before sending them to the signer. The average time on this service is 2-3 hours.
- Connect with the SoftPro Documents team to set up your templates in SoftPro with the Notarize White Text Tagging syntax, which comes with an additional charge from SoftPro.
- Alternatively, you can add White Text Tagging to your documents on your own, but working with the SoftPro documents team is the recommended option.
- Manually tag documents for each transaction by selecting "Review document package on Notarize's website before submitting for signing" on the final screen in Notarize.
- Drag and drop designations onto your documents in the Notarize.
Test your SoftPro-Notarize Integration
To make sure the connection is working, please do the following:
- Create an order in SoftPro using your employee as the signer.
- Select transaction type Hybrid Purchase – Cash Buyer on the Package Information screen. (Note that with hybrid transaction types, you will not be able to select Notarization as a document requirement. Please ensure there are no notary tags on your test document. If there are notary tags on your test document, it will cause an error.)
- Submit the order as usual.
- Verify that the transaction is created in the Notarize web portal.
- Verify that your employee can sign the documents.
- Verify that you can retrieve documents in SoftPro after the employee has signed.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat or send us an email at email@example.com!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022. Notarize, Inc.
This document contains confidential information and may not be reproduced or shared without consent of Notarize, Inc.