SoftPro customers can integrate SoftPro software with Notarize to help digitize the home buying process, decrease closing times, and improve operational efficiencies. Follow the steps below to complete the integration.
- Create an API key
- Connect SoftPro to Notarize
- Document Tagging Options
- Test your SoftPro-Notarize Integration
- SoftPro-Notarize User Guide
- Additional Documentation
- Frequently Asked Questions
🎯Primary Audience: Title Agents & Lenders
Create an API key in Notarize
- Log in to Notarize and navigate to Resources > API Keys.
- Click Generate a Full Access Key and copy it to your clipboard by selecting the Copy to Clipboard icon.
Connect SoftPro to Notarize
- Open the Notarize integration window in SoftPro by navigating to 360 > Services.
- Double click Notarize - Online Closings.
- Click Next.
- Click Login.
- Paste your API key and click OK.
- Check the Use Closing Ops box if your contract with Notarize includes Notarize Closing Ops.
Document Tagging Options
You can tag your documents in several ways:
- If you utilize Notarize Closing Ops, we will tag documents before sending them to the signer. The average time on this service is 2-3 hours.
- Connect with the SoftPro Documents team to set up your templates in SoftPro with the Notarize White Text Tagging syntax, which comes with an additional charge from SoftPro:
- Alternatively, you can add White Text Tagging to your documents on your own, but working with the SoftPro documents team is the recommended option:
- Manually tag documents for each transaction by selecting "Review document package on Notarize's website before submitting for signing" on the final screen in Notarize.
- Drag and drop designations onto your documents within Notarize.
Test your SoftPro-Notarize Integration
To make sure the connection is working, please do the following:
- Create an order in SoftPro using your employee as the signer.
- Select transaction type Hybrid Purchase – Cash Buyer on the Package Information screen. (Note that with hybrid transaction types, you will not be able to select Notarization as a document requirement. Please ensure there are no notary tags on your test document. If there are notary tags on your test document, it will cause an error.)
- Submit the order as usual.
- Verify that the transaction is created in the Notarize web portal.
- Verify that your employee can sign the documents.
- Verify that you can retrieve documents in SoftPro after the employee has signed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to generate an API key for each team member?No, API keys are mapped to one specific Notarize account. Multiple users can use the same API key to send transactions/orders from SoftPro to Notarize. However, each user can have their own API key if your security protocols require it. An admin can generate the appropriate number of keys from the API Key menu and securely distribute these to your users.
What are my options for document tagging?Please refer to the document tagging section. If desired, you can implement Notarize white text tagging to replace signer and notary designations on your documents.
If I have a parent/child set up in Notarize. Can I send transactions from SoftPro to my child accounts using my parent API Key?No, we currently do not support routing transactions to child accounts via the parent account. You will need to use the child API key to send transactions to that account from SoftPro.
Do new users need to input the API key when first accessing the Notarize integration?Yes. New users who are first utilizing the integration will need to input the API key.
Are documents automatically returned to SoftPro?Yes, upon completion of the transaction. The documents are automatically returned to SoftPro.
Are lender-initiated transactions supported within SoftPro?Yes, we support this via the dedupe flow (see Workflows section)
Can I assign an internal notary to this transaction within SoftPro?No, If you would like to select an internal notary, otherwise known as In House Notary (IHN), you can do so within the Notarize UI. Choose Review document package on Notarize’s website prior to submitting for signing on the submission options section in SoftPro. Within the Notarize transaction, you can select an internal company notary.
What happens if I have IHN turned on but send the transaction to the signer without selecting a notary?When the signer attempts to connect with a notary, their meeting request will show up for all internal company notaries available at the time. Any available notary can accept the meeting and notarize documents. In this scenario, we also recommend enabling overflow.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, or email us at email@example.com.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.