What's in This Article
This article serves as a user guide for the Notarize Salesforce app, aimed at all end users who are sending transactions through the Notarize Salesforce app. This guide shows you how to use the app and send transactions.
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
The guide starts with step-by-step instructions on transaction creation and finishes with an overview of the various transaction management features. Please refer to the Installation and Configuration guide for detailed instructions on installing the app. If you have any questions after reading this guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sections in the guide:
Creating a Transaction
To begin creating transactions, navigate to one of the supported objects (Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, or Leads). Locate the Notarize Transactions section to the right.
- Click New to begin the transaction creation process.
- Note: If the transaction creation workflow is abandoned, start at this step.
Selecting a Transaction Type
Each transaction must be assigned a transaction type. The transaction type value defaults to a notarization, but you can also choose to send an eSignature-only transaction.
- Select this transaction type if you have one or more documents that require notarization.
- You can include eSignature documents in the transaction, but you will not be able to finish creating the transaction without marking at least one document as requiring notarization.
- Select this transaction type if you only need signers to eSign documents and do not need them to meet with a notary.
- Enter the transaction name and type, then click Next.
Selecting a notary routing option
The Select a Notary page allows you to schedule a specific member of your organization to serve this transaction (if applicable).
On-Demand Notary (ODN) is the default choice. Select this option to be served by a member of our On-Demand Notary network, allowing signers to complete their notarization 24/7.
- Note: Account-level transaction routing rules still apply. If you are an organization with In-House Notaries configured with an overflow value set, customers are still required to wait for the set overflow time until a transaction is sent to the On-Demand Notary queue.
- In-House Notary (IHN) is an option for customers who onboarded their own notaries to serve transactions.
- If you choose this option, you must specify which notary will be assigned.
- Notary users do not appear in the Available Notaries dropdown menu until they are invited to an account, have completed notary onboarding and review by our team, and have been enabled to accept calls by an Admin in your Notarize account.
- Assigned notaries receive an SMS notification when the signer enters Knowledge Based Authentication, prompting them to log into the Notary Portal.
- A meeting time can be optionally specified, making the scheduled meeting appear in the notary’s dashboard.
After choosing a notary routing option, click Next.
You can select a primary signer from the picklist on the Signer Information page. This picklist is generated using contacts associated with any objects related to the initiated transaction. For example, if initiating a transaction from an opportunity, you will see a list of contacts associated with that opportunity and the account to which it is attached.
Updating signer information
Click on the pencil icon to update a signer’s contact information.
- An email is always required to notify the signer of the transaction.
- You can also include an SMS-enabled phone number to send a transaction notification message.
- You can customize which field to use for the phone number. Select any phone number field from the contact/lead from the SMS Enabled Phone Number dropdown. The value appears in the SMS Number field.
- Check the Update contact information in Salesforce option if you wish to save any changes to the email address/phone number in the original contact/lead record.
Adding additional signers
- Click Add Additional Signer to search for an additional signer.
- You may add up to 9 additional signers. Notarize currently supports a maximum of 10 signers in a single notary session.
- After finalizing the signers on the transaction, click Next.
Uploading a local document
- Local documents are PDFs stored on your machine.
- Select Upload Files to open a file browser, or drag and drop files from your desktop.
Selecting a Salesforce document
- Salesforce documents are any documents stored as PDF files within Salesforce.
- The Selected Document dropdown can search for any document across your Salesforce instance.
Selecting a Notarize template
- If you have configured a Notarize template in your account, you can select that here.
Please ensure a value is set for the template permalink on the template setup page.
- You cannot retrieve a Notarize template without a unique value set for the permalink.
Customizing the document requirements
Please see Set Document Requirements on the Notarize Help Center for more information about document requirement options.
Check this option if your document requires notarization. Leave this unchecked if the document only requires eSignature.
- Note: If you have selected a Notarize-type transaction, at least one of the documents you include must have this option checked.
Additional Witness Required
Check this option if your document requires a third-party witness. Please see Requiring a Witness on the Notarize Help Center for more information.
Signer Can Fill In Document
Check this option if signers should be able to add annotations to their documents outside of the notary meeting.
For eSignature transactions with multiple signers, please ensure that at least one document has this option checked if you are not using a Notarize template with the appropriate number of signer designations.
Updating documents and adding additional documents
If you need to make changes to a document, click the dropdown next to the document name. You may:
- Edit the document name.
- Edit the document requirements.
- Delete the document.
You can also add additional documents by pressing Add Document.
- When you are finished adding documents, click Next.
Customizing the Signer Invitation Email
You can customize the transaction invitation email that is sent to the signer. The form shown will pre-populate with the default copy, but you can make any changes necessary here.
Defaulting email copy
Please reach out to your customer success manager or email@example.com if you need assistance defaulting signer email copy. This feature is set at the Notarize account level.
- When you are finished making edits, click Next.
Adding Notary Notes
Upon entering the Notary Notes page, you can type any message you would like the notary to review. Notary notes must be read and acknowledged by the notary, so this is the ideal place to give guidance for complex documents.
Defaulting notary notes
Please refer to Creating Notary Notes on the Notarize Help Center for more information on how to set account-level notary notes.
Once you have added any notary notes, click Finish to send the transaction to the signer.
Viewing transaction information
After sending a transaction, you can click on the dropdown next to the transaction name to view more information, including:
- The primary signer.
- The date the transaction was sent.
- The list of documents in the transaction.
- The detailed transaction status.
Sending reminders to signers
If a signer does not complete the transaction within 24 hours, Notarize sends an automated email reminding the signer to complete their transaction. If you wish to send a manual reminder:
- Click on the alarm clock icon next to the transaction status
- Select one of Send Reminder via Email or Send Reminder via SMS (if you included an SMS-capable phone number with the signer’s email)
- If you select Send Reminder via Email, you are prompt to add a customized message before sending the email.
Manually Refreshing Transaction Information
If you want to refresh a transaction’s status manually, click on the dropdown next to any sent/received transaction and click Refresh Data from Notarize.
- Note: If you are utilizing the automatic document retrieval flow included with the integration, you will need to fully reload the page using your browser’s refresh button to see completed documents appear in the Notes and Attachments
- Notarize ~ Salesforce Installation and Configuration Guide
- Salesforce App Document Generation Overview
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.