Personally Known to Notary, or PKN, allows customers to bypass Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA) and Credential Analysis on any single-signer transaction if the notary personally knows the signer:
- PKN cannot be used for multiple signers at this time. Single-signer transactions only.
- You cannot switch a transaction to PKN after a transaction is created.
Who Can Use This Feature?
Notaries: The PKN feature appears as an option whenever a single-signer transaction is created:
- Only Notaries using NST or IHN can use PKN. (Notaries taking calls from the On-Demand Network would not know the Signers since they are coming through a queue randomly.)
Businesses, Title Agents, and Lenders: The feature must be enabled for the org account by an Administrator. Once enabled, the PKN feature appears as an option whenever a single-signer transaction is created.
Depending on your user type, you may have access to some or all of the related resources below.
Notaries and Enterprise customers: You must log in to the Help Center to access most notary articles. Check out Access Help Center Articles as a Notary for assistance.
- Business: Skip Identity Verification if Your Notary Knows the Signer
- Real Estate: Bypass ID Verification for In-House Real Estate Notaries
- Notaries: Personally Known to Notary (PKN) Feature for Notaries
© 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc. All Rights Reserved.