Streamline the way you send documents by using templates to prepare tags on standardized forms and documents that your team sends frequently. Instead of preparing the same document in the same way for multiple transactions, you can create the document once and save it as a template. Templates are also used in EasyLinks.
Don’t have templates yet? Learn how to create templates here!
|Need to Know||Use document templates in a transaction|
|Use template matching in a transaction||💡Helpful Tip|
🎯Primary Audience: Notarize for Business
Need to Know
Business template matching is a handy tool, but here are some important notes about using it.
Template matching must be enabled in your account.
This feature does not:
- Split document packages.
- Match documents with templates if their page counts differ.
- Match documents greater than 25 pages to templates.
- Match multiple documents in one template.
Template matching can only be used with individual documents. If you have multiple documents set up in one template, the system will only attempt to match the first document in the template list to an incoming document.
Use document templates in a transaction
If you'd like to use one of your templates when you create a transaction, you can select the template from the Add Documents window.
Select a template
Select a template to add to the transaction
If you'd like to use an existing template when you're creating a transaction, follow the steps below after you click the Add Documents button.
- Select Click to Upload a Document.
- Choose Template Upload from the menu on the side of the Add Documents window.
- Check the box or boxes next to the names of the templates you'd like to add to this transaction.
- Click the button (where # is the number of templates selected).
The template containing pre-placed tags is added to the transaction. No manual tagging needed!
Use template matching in a transaction
If you'd like to use template matching in a transaction, you have several options. To use any of the options below, your account must have both of the following:
Click a link below to learn more about each option.
Individual document upload
Individual documents can be matched to an existing template
Click Upload a Document, choose a document to upload from your device, and the system attempts to match an existing template to your document.
- If an exact match is found: Tags are automatically placed on the document and a message appears confirming how many signer and notary fields were placed.
- If no template match is found: No fields are applied, and a message appears indicating no matching template was found.
Choose a document to upload from your device.
The screenshot above shows the confirmation message that appears when a template was successfully matched. In this case, 1 signer tag was placed on the document.
Signer upload via EasyLink
Documents uploaded by your signers via EasyLinks can be matched
Template matching can be used to automatically tag documents uploaded by your signers via Signer Upload EasyLinks. If your signer uploads a document via EasyLink, the system attempts to match the uploaded document to existing templates.
Here's how the process works:
- The signer uploads a document using your EasyLink.
- The system searches for a template that matches the document they uploaded.
- If a match is found: The system automatically place signer and notary tags. This helps guide signers through the signing process by automatically placing tags for them.
- If a match is not found: No tags are placed.
The gif below shows the process from the signer's perspective: They upload the document, the system places the tags, so they don't need to prepare the document and can continue directly to the notary meeting or sign.
Template tags are automatically placed on signer-uploaded documents
Template matching for auto-tagging can also be leveraged on documents individually sent through the Notarize Business API.
The External ID field (found under Transaction Name > Advanced Options) is useful if your organization has an internal numbering system or manner of tracking that would be helpful for you to include on each transaction. The External ID is visible when you export any transactions that have the External ID.
Still have questions you can't find answers to? Click the chat icon in the corner of your screen to start a chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
CONFIDENTIAL. © 2022-2023 Notarize, Inc.