1. Navigate to the Transactions page by selecting the “Transactions” tab from the top menu bar.
2. Click on the green “New Transaction” button near the middle of the page.
3. Enter a name for the transaction that is descriptive and recognizable.
4. You may add a transaction type. For example, if a notarization is required to create an account with your company, you might use “Account Opening” as a type.
5. You may elect to upload a document or pull from one of the templates associated with your company’s account.
- If you elect to upload a document, click in the box which reads “Select a File.” You may then select a file to send to your customers for notarization. Accepted file types include PDF, DocX, HTML, and JPG. Maximum file size is 10 MB.
- If you elect to choose a template, you will click in the box that reads “Choose a Template”, from which you will view the drop down menu of templates available to you.
6. You may then enable or disable annotation tools. Annotation tools allow your customers to fill out or modify the document before connecting to a notary agent. By disabling this feature, customers will only be allowed to annotate during a meeting with the notary.
7. Next, you will add the customer(s) information, including first name, last name, and email address. Additionally, you will have the option to fill in the customer’s mailing address.
8. If it is useful for internal tracking purposes, you may add a customer ID number.
9. Some documents or transactions may require the use of a secondary form of ID. If this is the case, choose for the transaction to require a secondary form of ID. This is done by selecting the “Secondary ID Required” switch. If the switch is green, it means you’re requiring the signer to provide a secondary form of ID in addition to the first form of photo ID provided by the signer.
10. Next, you may choose to add a note to the customer, which will appear in the body of the email sent to your customer with the single-use notarization transaction link. Additionally, you may add an email signature.
11. Select “Continue” to proceed.
12. You will reach the “Prepare Document” page. On this page you may click anywhere to use our digital tools to add “Sign Here” or “Initial Here” flags or add Checkmarks, Text, Today’s Date, or the Signer’s Name. Once you are satisfied, select “Continue.”
13. You will see a summary of the transaction on the Transaction Review page. Please be sure to double-check for inaccuracies. Once a document is sent to a customer, the document cannot be changed. If all the details are correct, select “Send.” This will generate and send an email to the customer. If you need to make edits, please click the back arrow to return to the previous steps in the process.
14. You will receive an electronic notification and a copy of the document when the customer has completed the notarization.