Thank you for choosing Earth Class Mail (ECM). Earth Class Mail customers are required to complete and notarize the USPS 1583 form. This document will walk you through the process of completing the notarization via Notarize.
The Notarization Process for Earth Class Mail:
1. You will receive an email from Notarize on behalf of Earth Class Mail.
2. Open this email and click on the green button at the bottom of the email which reads, “Let’s Go.”
*NOTE: This is a single-use link. Please click this link only when you are ready to complete the notarization.
3. The website or application will walk you through the process, explaining each action along the way. You may select “Next” as you read each prompt.
4. If you are a returning Notarize user, you will be prompted to confirm your details including your name, date of birth, and address. If you are new to Notarize, you will be prompted to provide this information.
5. Next, you will be given the opportunity to fill out the document. As an Earth Class Mail customer, you need not fill out the document. You may skip this step.
6. Next, you will be prompted to validate your ID. Select “Continue to ID Verification”
7. You will be served with five security questions to ask in a period of two minutes. Select “Get Started.”
8. If you successfully answered the questions, you will be prompted to capture a photo of your ID. If not, you will be given the option to answer the questions again.
*NOTE: Please see the “Acceptable Forms of ID” section below for more information on the acceptable forms of ID.
9. Follow the on-screen instructions to capture images of your ID.
10. You will be prompted to capture an image of a secondary form of ID as required by the USPS 1583 form.
*NOTE: Both pictures of the IDs must be clear and legible. Blurry photos
cannot be processed by the notaries and will require that the signer starts the process from the beginning. If your picture is blurry, you may retake
the picture until the image is clear and legible.
11. Next, you will be prompted to connect to an agent. Click “Connect to an Agent.” You can expect an average wait time of 5-7 minutes. This does fluctuate based on current call volumes.
12. The Notary will ask you a few standard questions, fill in the appropriate notary information, witness your signature, and affix the notary seal.
13. The Notary will then end the call. No additional actions are required.
Acceptable forms of ID:
- At least one ID must have a photo of the applicant
- At least one ID must verify the home or business address
- ID's lacking both a photo and address are not acceptable for this requirement
ID's that are acceptable:
- Valid driver's license or state non-driver's identification card
- Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card
- Passport, alien registration card or certificate of naturalization
- Current lease, mortgage, or Deed of Trust
- Voter or vehicle registration card
- A home or vehicle insurance policy
ID's that are NOT acceptable:
- Social security cards
- Credit cards
- Birth certificates
Earth Class Mail FAQs:
Q: My link is expired or has already been used. What do I do now?
A:The generated link is a single use link. If you have created an account by adding a password, then you may log into your account to access the document from ECM. If you have not created an account, please contact ECM and request a new link.
Q: Do I need to attach my IDs to the document?
A: No, you need not attach or affix your forms of ID to the document. The Notarize platform will prompt you to upload two forms of ID. Please see the “Acceptable Forms of ID” section above for more details.
Q: Do I need to fill out the document?
A: No. When you receive the form from ECM, the document will be prefilled.