If you have received an error message similar to the ones below while trying to connect to one of our notaries, please review the troubleshooting tips provided here to ensure a successful connection.
- On your computer, our platform works through Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- On your iOS device, our platform works through our app in the App Store. The app is available by searching Notarize on the App Store under iPhone or iPad apps, or by clicking this link on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- On your Android device, our platform works through our app in Google Play Store. The app is available by searching Notarize on the Play Store, or by clicking this link on an Android phone or tablet.
Please test your internet connection speed with a speed test here.
- We require that you have consistent download speeds of 5 Mbps and upload speeds of 3Mbps.
Camera & Microphone:
- Notarize requires access to your camera and microphone in order to complete the video call with a commissioned e-Notary Public. Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions enabled for our site to be able to access your camera and microphone. You can use the guides below to check:
2) If the error says your video or microphone cannot be detected, please ensure that your room has sufficient lighting, that the volume is turned up, and try talking to make noise during the connection test to help it detect sound quality.
3) If you have an audio issue in Chrome after you have clicked the "Let's Get Started" button, a connection test will begin during which you can adjust your settings. Please click on the video camera icon in the address bar to change your settings. If this does not work, please close out your Chrome browser entirely and come back in.
Firewalls and VPNs:
Firewalls and VPNs can sometimes affect your connection. Please be sure to disable any VPNs or allow notarize.com in your firewall exceptions.
Clearing your cookies or cache in your browser may help speed up your connection.